Prep Time: 10 minutes.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes.
400g pumpkin, peeled and diced 2cm
2 courgettes, sliced into 1cm-thick rounds
Zest of 1 orange
1 teaspoon whole fennel seeds
45 gms slivered almonds
90g feta cheese (low fat)
2-3 handfuls rocket leaves
Juice of 1 orange
1 teaspoon runny honey
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
360g boneless salmon fillet (skin on)
Preheat oven to 220C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Toss pumpkin, courgettes, orange zest and fennel seeds on prepared tray with a spray of oil. Season with salt and pepper and roast for about 15 minutes, until pumpkin is tender and starting to caramelize. Turn once during roasting.
- Combine orange juice, honey and vinegar in a small bowl and set aside. Pat salmon dry with paper towels, remove any remaining pin bones and cut into 2-3 pieces. Season on all sides with and salt and pepper.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large fry pan on medium heat. Cook salmon, skin-side-down, for about 4 minutes, until skin is crispy. Flip and cook a further 2 minutes for medium-rare, or until cooked to your liking. Set aside and cover to keep warm.
- Wipe pan clean with paper towels and return to medium heat. Add orange juice mix and allow to bubble and reduce for about 2 minutes, until it is the consistency of maple syrup. Remove pan from heat, add salmon and toss gently to coat in the glaze.
- Once pumpkin is tender, remove from oven, sprinkle over almonds and roast for a further 5 minutes, until almonds are golden brown and pumpkin and courgettes are cooked through. Remove tray from oven, sprinkle over feta and rocket and toss to combine.
- To serve: Divide fennel roasted pumpkin and feta between plates, top with orange-glazed salmon and spoon over any remaining glaze.