A perfectly portioned healthy snack that’s portable and delicious.
1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
3 tablespoons ground flax seed
1/2 cup peanut butter (other nut butter can be used)
4 tablespoons honey
1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. Combine and mix all of the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
2. Roll into 1-1 ½ inch size balls.
3. Place the energy bites on a plate and freeze or refrigerate until fully set – about 30 minutes-1 hour.
4. Place in an airtight container or ziplock bag.
5. Store the energy bites in the fridge for 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
I use a small cookie scoop to help portion out the bites, and then roll them into nice round balls. If you find the dough is a bit sticky, prior to rolling the dough into balls and you can cover the bowl and refrigerate the dough for 20 minutes. Then continue portioning out the dough into small bite-size balls.